Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's Been A While

     I think sometimes I must have the most boring life in the world!!! And then I think "boring" is good, don't you think?? Life just plods along without any surprises or life making decisions and that's good...so I say again, "boring is good"!!
      I went to the attic the other day to close the windows before cold weather

and got to rummaging around in some of the dishes and etc. that is "stored" up there. I found this fruit bowl and the little bowls that match so I brought them down and washed them up..They belonged to my grandmother and I thought I would just admire them for a while. I don't know if they are real Carnival glass or not but they are pretty. I think I have another set up in the attic also that belonged to a great aunt..someday when I get "bored" again, I will go up to look for them...I have a full walk-up attic and it's pretty much full, I should take a picture but it would scare you to death...I just never find the right time to get it cleaned up, it's too cold in the winter and to hot in the summer and all those days in between, I'm busy....  :-) Did you check out the spider web tablecloth??? I only have a few things out for Fall and it's time to get the Halloween stuff out too, maybe this weekend..
     
     

My Mercury Glass Pumpkins and Gourds
This is the beautiful Murano Glass vase that my daughter and SIL brought from Italy.  I just love it. They returned last Saturday and I was glad to have them home again. Well, this comes to the end of my potpourri post...Sew until we meet again, I hope you have a Stitches kind of day......p.s. I see I am getting dangerously close to 100 followers, yippee!!!  Maybe a give away will be in order when that magic number is reached!!!
    P.S. again.  I am linking up to Freemotion by the River: Linky Tuesday...lots of nice things to check out there.
     P.S.S.  I have also linked to Colorado Lady:Vintage Thingie Thursday, please check it out too, thanks.
No more P.S.'s..........I promise!!!

4 comments:

  1. those are very pretty dishes and it sounds like you have a lot of stuff packed away in that attic from previous generations - I bet you have some pretty good things up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in a rental for 8 or 9 more months, so I can relate to "stuff be packed" I love the glass; you have such wonderful taste. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were bored or we would not have seen all your nice things. I had an opportunity to take a tour of the Murano Glass factory in Italy years ago One place I will always remember. Things are very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bowls are lovely. Just right for this season. I think you need some fruit salad at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete