Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Power Level: 100% Total Cooking Time: about 16 minutes
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
(or cashews, I like the smoked Almonds too!)
1 t. vanilla flavoring and 1 t. butter
1 t. baking soda
1. Stir together the sugar, water, and corn syrup in a 2 qt. casserole. Microwave on high (100%) for 11 minutes.
2. Stir in nuts, microwave on high (100%) for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in vanilla and butter. Microwave on high (100%) for another 2 minutes or until hard crack stage is reached. This is when I test it, in ice water.
4. Add baking soda, stir until light and foamy.
5. Pour mixture onto a lightly buttered cookie sheet. Spread to about 1/4 inch thickness.. You have to do this step rather quickly and be careful about spreading it out too much. I don't like to lose all the foamy because that's what makes it easy to eat. Cool, and break into pieces.
(If you have a lower wattage microwave, this is what the original recipe called for in cooking. In Step 1, cook for 12-14 minutes. Step 2, cook for 4-6 minutes. Step 3, cook for additional 1-2 minutes. As long as you test your candy in Step 3 in ice water and it doesn't stick to your teeth, it should be fine) Good Luck and let me know how your candy turns out...Sew until next time, I hope you have a Stitches kind of day...
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Monday, November 11, 2013
|ARMY-Korean War, My husband, Jerry, 1935-1997|
|NAVY WW II, My Dad, 1913-2012|
Friday, November 8, 2013
I won the give away on Cookies Treasures several weeks ago and I was thrilled about it. I hadn't won anything from anyone for a long time so it was exciting. She sent a little kit for a make-up bag, a really cute bracelet and a lovely card. I will try to get the make-up bag made up soon and I know I will enjoy wearing the bracelet, especially to my quilt meetings and it came all the way from Germany..It's very unique as you can see in the picture...so many, many thanks to Kerstin for all the goodies!!!!
|My Burning Bush, it's the prettiest that it has every been|
|My neighbor's tree, beautiful isn't it?|
Friday, October 25, 2013
I think God did a wonderful job...Sew until next time, I hope you have a Stitches kind of day that I had on Tuesday.......