Friday, January 4, 2013

They Left On A Jet Plane........


My grand daughter, Abby, decided that she wanted to study abroad for a semester, so she applied and was accepted to the University of Birmingham in England. It was associated with a type of exchange program, I think.  There were 2 other gals from the University of Iowa that were going also, but they backed out a few weeks ago. So my daughter and son-in-law decided to accompany Abby to England..They left yesterday afternoon and I tracked them on a flight tracker and I see that they have arrived safely. They have rented a car and now I worry about them driving on the left side of the road!!!  It's a mother's and grand mother's duty to worry, right???  Today I am feeling rather solitary, I guess. It's been a whirlwind having all the activity over the holidays with family and now everyone is leaving to go some place, back to school or work or traveling.  Abby will be in England until June 15th so I hope she doesn't get too homesick. We will talk by Skype and that will help her and the rest of us too.  I hope she has a wonderful experience and makes some great friends. I miss her already!!! Her parents will be back home next week sometime and I will be happy when they return also. Sew until then, I hope I have many Stitches kind of days...and you too!!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Our daughter did an exchange program for her junior year at Mount Holyoke at The London School of Economics. It's a wonderful opportunity and I know my daughter would tell your granddaughter, she'll love it! Safe travels, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will be back, safe and sound, before you know it. It is always harder for those "left behind". Our house is always so quiet and sad after the grands leave. Bury yourself in your sewing and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those study abroad programs are very popular. I hope she has a great time! My daughter is moving to GA in a few weeks...it feels like it is across the world ( I live in Iowa too!) I know just how you feel, except we will be able to visit a bit easier than you. Time will fly and she will be back before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will all miss her, but that sounds like a wonderful opportunity for her. I would love to visit England.

    ReplyDelete