Power Level: 100% Total Cooking Time: about 16 minutes
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
(or cashews, I like the smoked Almonds too!)
1 t. vanilla flavoring and 1 t. butter
1 t. baking soda
1. Stir together the sugar, water, and corn syrup in a 2 qt. casserole. Microwave on high (100%) for 11 minutes.
2. Stir in nuts, microwave on high (100%) for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in vanilla and butter. Microwave on high (100%) for another 2 minutes or until hard crack stage is reached. This is when I test it, in ice water.
4. Add baking soda, stir until light and foamy.
5. Pour mixture onto a lightly buttered cookie sheet. Spread to about 1/4 inch thickness.. You have to do this step rather quickly and be careful about spreading it out too much. I don't like to lose all the foamy because that's what makes it easy to eat. Cool, and break into pieces.
(If you have a lower wattage microwave, this is what the original recipe called for in cooking. In Step 1, cook for 12-14 minutes. Step 2, cook for 4-6 minutes. Step 3, cook for additional 1-2 minutes. As long as you test your candy in Step 3 in ice water and it doesn't stick to your teeth, it should be fine) Good Luck and let me know how your candy turns out...Sew until next time, I hope you have a Stitches kind of day...