Yesterday, I had a big smile on my face when I got a message from sweet Natalie from Russia that she had awarded me the Liebster Award.. I must live in a hole someplace as I had never heard of it but I was excited to get it. I guess it's been going around for quite sometime now. So here is a brief description of the "simple rules" that I am going to follow today.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. Aren't those special words to be honored with?
Here are the simple rules for the award:
1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and follow their blog (if you don't already!).
3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog (you can right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then save to your blog).
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.
6. Please share 5 random facts about yourself.
I'm giving the Liebster Award to these five bloggers that I have enjoyed reading. Some of these I have followed for a while but some are new to me but I find them all very interesting and like to keep up with there blogs. I hope you will find time to visit their blogs too!!
1. Cheryl at Cherly's Teapots 2 Quilting
2. Meggie at Meggie On The Prairie
3. Catherine at Potter Jotter
4. Marjory at Peck's Pieces
5. Susan at My Mother's Apron Strings
Now for the 5 random facts about myself, hmmmmm, what do I really want to tell you??
1. I was married when I was 17, was married for 42 yrs. before my husband passed away 15 yrs. ago.
2. I have 9 half brothers and sisters but I was an only child.
3. I am a quilter and love to do applique. And cook, especially making bread.
4. I like to garden (flowers) and read good books.
5. I enjoy genealogy and "meeting" my ancestors. My family, present and past, are very important to me.
Thank you again, Natalie, for finding me and giving me the award..It has been fun and I have found some new friends to follow. It is just amazing to me that we can be a world apart and communicate in just a few minutes, how neat is that?? I hope if you have stuck with me this far, that you will have a "Stitches" kind of day.....sew until next time......