Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday Treasures

My Tuesday Treasure is this little pressed glass pitcher (4 1/2" tall) and the glass (2 /14" tall) . They belonged to my mother and her sister when they were little girls and then I played with them when I was playing house too! I'm sure there used to be 4 or 6 glasses but this is the only one that is left now. ;-( 
This is another little treasure and I'm posting this because Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting blog posted this very same little teapot today..they are small, only about 4 1/2" high and 6" long.  I can't imagine ever making a cup of tea in it but I like it because of the sewing machine and I keep mine in my sewing room.   It was cool this morning and I thought I needed some fresh air in the house so I opened a few windows but now it is time to close up again, the dreaded humidity is rolling in and I don't like it..  Oh, another little tidbit: I wanted to email a couple of new followers to thank them for climbing on my wagon and when I clicked on their picture, I had to join my own blog so I could write to them..is that weird or was I doing something wrong?? At least, I finally have my followers back after several days and that made my day!!!   Sew until next time, have a "Stitches" kind of day...

6 comments:

Denise :) said...

What a darling little teapot -- how fun to be able to keep it in your sewing room, too! :)

Linda said...

I've had that same problem with trying to follow some blogs. I guess it's all part of the blogger problems, but it has been that way for a year!
What beautiful treasures! Thanks for sharing!

Bev C said...

Oh I do love your little glass jug,and the sewing machine is very appropriate for your sewing room.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Melody said...

How fabulous, I've got the same little teapot too. I adore the little jug and glass - so sweet. Thank you so much for playing along with Tuesday Treasures - I'll put you on my list of friends who join in.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Wow! 3 of us with the same teapot, and one is in Australia. How cool is that!?! I love the little pitcher and glass.

teresa said...

I love your little teapot.. How wonderful there are others out there who have the same treasure. Your jug and glass are beautiful.. nice you still have them! Thanks for sharing