Sunday, January 4, 2015

Is It Cold At Your House???

 My red amaryllis has brought a bright spot to my house this very bitterly cold morning. My indoor-outdoor thermometer isn't showing the outside temperature for some reason but I know it was supposed to be below zero this morning and our high today somewhere around 7 or 8!!  I bought this Amaryllis right before Christmas for $4.99 and it had already shown some growth. It has exceeded my expectations already. There are 4 lovely blooms and it's really pretty, the picture doesn't do it justice. I think it is rather strange that it doesn't have any leaves yet. I hope you are warm and cozy today, I know that I am staying in and perhaps get some sewing done.  I am working on a wool applique project and I will show it to you soon. The sun is really bright and that helps everything in my book!  Sew until next time, I hope you have a Stitches kind of day................until next time...

5 comments:

  1. what a pretty plant - I bought one a couple days ago that was still in it's box and not planted - it was left over from the Xmas things for a dollar -I bought it and planted now will have a spring amaryllis instead of one for xmas! I will enjoy watching it grow.
    It is cold here too in central Arkansas, only 30 degrees right now, wind chill around 20 or something like that but we (DH & I) are heading out in a little bit to the fitness center for an hour or so of exercise - we need it and tend to hibernate when it is cold - not this winter I will try to exercise 5 days a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful amaryllis! The color is very striking and cheerful. Really brightens the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get another one. I had one for years before we moved. They have such large beautful blooms. So nice to see it grow so quickly at a time of year when things can be so cold and gloomy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful amaryllis! I have an african violet that is blooming deep purple. It is an old plant with a think stem and is not a pretty plant anymore ... but it blooms every Christmas on my windowsill and adds a spot of tropical color to the backdrop of snow and ice.

    It is very cold here in New England. Our current temp outside is 9 degrees and it is not going to get warmer. We are also having bitter winds and the wind chill is 8 below zero. We have over three feet of snow outside. This is typical weather for us at this time of year. Our heaviest snow is always in February so we have a lot more of winter ahead of us. I am feeling ready for a little spring.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind word and a thread trail back to your lovely blog ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete