Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gramma's Beads Started It !!





I have been making thong or string bookmarks and it all started with Gramma's beads. I had an old container that I have had for 30+ years and had never done anything with them. They were from Gramma's house so a couple of weeks ago, I sorted out the good ones and started making these bookmarks. I have already given each of my daughters one so they aren't pictured here. One was a white opaque and the other a blue one, similar to the one in the above picture.  Then I got to thinking, these BM would make a nice little gift for my Mini group of quilters. The ones I made for the Mini group all had sewing charms on them. We had our exchange last Tuesday and they loved them as much as I loved making them. They don't take much time and you can put as many beads as you want..I have been a great customer of Hobby Lobby, especially when they have their beads on for 50% off.  I plan to have a give away of one of these "treasured bookmarks" in the near future so please check back soon. (I won't get to the give away now until after Christmas, sorry)... .the pictures are some of the ones I have given away already and a few that I still have on hand. I hope you like them as much as I do.  Sew until next time, I hope you will have a Stitches kind of day .....

5 comments:

  1. Great idea for quick gifts! Thank you, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to do this, but, to make scissor decorations instead of bookmarks. One of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read. I would LOVE one, especially if it came from Grandma's stash! dp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may try this if I get bored of watching tv over the holidays (and I will !). Happy Christmas! xCathy.

    ReplyDelete