Monday, June 27, 2011

Civil War Blocks 6 thru 10

Richmond


I wanted to show you the Civil War blocks that I have been making the past week or so. The first one is Richmond and it was a burger!!! I've read where a few other people have had trouble with this one too!! I think it didn't adapt itself to be an 8 1/2" block very easily. But I struggled with it and here it is:
Log Cabin
The next one is the Log Cabin and it was really an easy one to do. The hardest part of doing these blocks, is picking out the fabrics. I am going to try to not repeat any fabrics, if I can but don't know how successful I'll be with that. Time will tell.  Nothing very spectacular on this one.
Cotton Boll
Now we come to Cotton Boll. What do you think about the poison green? eek!!  I'm not a big fan of it but just thought a Civil War quilt had to have at least one block of it. Now I'll have to work on Cheddar, eeoww!!  I do like the way the stripes look in the center of this block tho.

Birds in the Air

Birds in the Air is next and this was a very quick and easy block to do also. I think it looks better in "person" than it does in this picture.
Last for this time is my block Lincoln's Platform..I really like the fabrics that I used in this block. I kind of worried a little about the busy background but find that I really like it.  I really am becoming fond of stripes too. I think they add another element to the block, what do you think about stripes?

Lincoln's Platform

Well, that about does it for this time but hopefully in a few days I will have a few more to show you. I have a long way to go to get caught up to the current block but at least, I'm gaining....Sew until next time, have a "Stitches" kind of day. Gotta get ready to go to a baseball game now, see ya soon!!

5 comments:

  1. Great job. I haven't even started on mine yet. I'm even behind in printing them off. Maybe in August. Things should slow down then, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo boy! Richmond does look like a challenge, but you did a wonderful job! All your blocks are so pretty! I can't wait to see them all together.
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blocks...I'm in your "admirations society"! These are small and challenging, but...you're whippin' out quite nicely!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com
    =) new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too hot out for me too. Glad I have an indoor job on days like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blocks are beautiful!
    Congratulations to your grandson! That's quite an accomplishment for a 10 year old or even older!!!

    ReplyDelete