Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dear Jane, not again, you say!


This is a "Chunk"

Jane in a heap

Well, this is the "next" time that you are seeing her and she still does not have her borders on. This ole gal has been keeping me awake for the last two nights. I hear her crying and fussing (or maybe it's me) and it's got me in a dither. First of all, I had all the borders sewn together and I procrastinated for several hours about getting one of them on with a corner block and then adding the next border to it...let me tell you, I just couldn't figure out how far to sew or where to stop at the corner to make it come out and lay flat and look right. Aagh!! So that night (Thursday) she ended up on the floor in a heap, that was the night I was awake from 3 to 6. She was so cranky...Then I found Anina's blogspot "ThatQuilt" showing how she puts her corners on. She calls it "chunky" assembly method. Thank God for Anina, I would never have thought of doing that, I tried it and it worked.(only sometimes, for me)  But I had to un-sew my borders (just a little bit) and I got my first corner on yesterday morning. Whew! I was like a "deer in the headlights" when I got the first one done. And then I was gone all afternoon, came home and worked on Jane again last night and actually got the top border and both corners sewn on. (top picture) And the other corners ready to assemble, hmmm, I guess I didn't sleep last night very well again because I was so happy that I was making good progress and Jane seemed to be pacified about it too.  I hope to get all the borders on today.

I'm trying to git-r-done



My Featherweight, love sewing with it.

Well, between the last sentence and right now, I have had the 3rd corner on, unsewn it, sewn it back on FOUR times.  I cannot figure out the problem and I may have to take it to my friend, the hand-piecing guru to evaluate it. But right now, I'm going to church and pray that the 4th corner will go on as easily as one and two. I'll report back later. (Reporting--that didn't go so well either.)

I'm not doing any bragging here tonight. The corners did not go well today, it's after 9:00 o'clock and I'm quitting for today. I sure hope Jane doesn't keep me awake tonight, I'm so frustrated with her. I just have to admit that she has out-smarted me and it's not a good feeling. Now I know why I really prefer applique to piecing....so I'm going to go embroidery for a while..I sure hope you have NOT had a "Stitches" kind of day!!!
Here's a calming picture of the clouds that I took about noon today. Pretty aren't they?  Well, until next time.










No comments:

Post a Comment